“We did worth of 80 million orders just in October. This is an average of 3 million orders per day. The peak order that we did is much, much higher, says Aatrey

Selling points | Meesho - Cover Story News - Issue Date: Jul 12, 2021

Indian e-commerce has been a tale of two giants, with Amazon and Flipkart controlling over 80% of the market. But that’s all changing with the emergence of a new e-commerce rival — Meesho. The startup, which is based out of Pune, is now emerging as a dark horse in the cutthroat e-commerce wars in India, which was so far dominated by Amazon and Flipkart. Over the last one year, Meesho has managed to gain a fair amount of market share by offering services like home delivery of products, cash on delivery (CoD) and free home delivery for big products.

Google infusing $50 million in Facebook-backed Indian platform Meesho

The key to Meesho’s success has been its focus on customer acquisition rather than large discounts or promotions. Instead of spending heavily on advertising and marketing, the company focuses on building its brand equity and letting word of mouth do the trick. Over the course of the last year, the company has managed to build a large customer base — one that constitutes for 75% of its business at present. The remaining 25% of the business is coming from resellers, who use the platform to offer their products for sale.

In the last few months, the company has been pushing hard for the “no-hassle” aspect of online shopping. According to Meesho, this is the reason that it has been able to gain momentum — the company wants to make the shopping experience convenient.

In an interview with Moneycontrol, a candid Vidit Aatrey, founder and CEO of Meesho, spoke about the intensifying competition, concerns over the quality of products, the product return percentage, and its latest numbers.

Also read Nishant Pitti- From an ordinary man to honorary Secretary of the TAF, he lived his dream!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top